GII is an affiliate of the UK Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and benefits from the support provided by the CII and from being ‘twinned’ with the Insurance Institute of Manchester.
Gibraltar has established itself as a leading financial services centre. Since 2000, Gibraltar’s insurance industry has expanded from just 13 licensed insurers to the present 56 licensed insurers currently writing new business. In 2012, the total gross premium income written by insurance companies in Gibraltar was £3.8bn and these companies held assets of over £9.0bn.
WHO CAN BE A MEMBER?
The Gibraltar Insurance Institute itself has over 400 members. The Institute welcomes members in any way involved with the insurance industry, this includes:
- Employees of insurance companies
- Employees of insurance intermediaries
- Employees of insurance managers
- Employees of associated companies – auditors, solicitors etc
- Individuals who want to learn more about / get training in insurance
WHAT ARE OUR OBJECTIVES?
The Gibraltar Insurance Institute’s key objectives are to:
- Co-ordinate and provide insurance training;
- Facilitate continuous professional development through technical seminars;
- Liaise with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) on behalf of local members;
- Promote discussion and exchange of information on insurance issues through various social events, including an annual dinner.
Click below to view the most recent list of council members
Click below to view the most recent President’s Report
TWINNED WITH INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF MANCHESTER
The newest insurance institute (GIB), is now twinned with the oldest insurance institute, the Insurance Institute of Manchester (IIM) which was formed in 1873. Please click here to visit the Manchester website. Gibraltar members visiting Manchester for business are welcome to contact Karen Cartridge on firstname.lastname@example.org from the IIM, for local guidance.