The CII is the leading professional body for the global financial services profession. It exists to promote higher standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability.
With over 115,000 members in more than 150 countries, the CII is the world’s largest professional body dedicated to insurance and financial services.
From new entrants through to seasoned professionals, the qualifications can provide you with professional status in your chosen field. All the CII examinations can be your passport to a successful and fulfilling career.
BENEFITS OF THE CII EXAMINATIONS
- Progressive and flexible structure, with a flexible credit-accumulation system allowing you to progress at your own pace. All examinations are individual courses (some compulsory and some elective) each examination completed accrues points towards the overall qualification, allowing you to have an element of tailoring in how the qualification is gained.
- Recognition of prior learning credits are available towards CII qualifications for relevant exams previously undertaken through other awarding bodies, reducing the time taken to complete.
- An unrivalled portfolio of learning and revision materials – enabling candidates and organisations to build bespoke learning programmes to suit their particular needs.
- Market-leading designations and Chartered status – success in examinations provides access to the use of designations and titles, that demonstrate achievement and professional standing.
- Flexible examination options – here in Gibraltar the facility to sit the Certificate level exams on-line at Bleak House, with options now also at Diploma level. The online exam service allows candidates to choose the date of the exam at any time throughout the year.
Award for the Foundation Insurance Test (‘FIT’)
FIT is a single-unit qualification (1 exam) which requires you to pass a multiple choice test. Upon successful completion, you receive a ‘Record of Achievement’ and a qualification completion certificate for The Award for the Foundation Insurance Test. FIT is open to anyone, irrespective of educational background or experience. It is suitable for anyone wishing to gain a basic understanding of the general insurance market, principles, procedures and products.
Certificate in Insurance
The Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification (3 exams) for insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry (and the logical progression from the introductory-level FIT). On completion CII members will be entitled to use the designation ‘Cert CII’ (CII membership and Continuing Professional Development requirements apply).
In 2016 the GII launched a ‘Fast Track’ programme for obtaining the Certificate in Insurance in less than six months. Advantages include face to face revision courses delivered in Gibraltar, study support through the CII ‘RevisionMate’ and access to a CII tutor, reduced cost, reduced time away from the office, and increased chance of passing the exams. The new programme is delivered in liaison with the University of Gibraltar. For more information click here.
Diploma in Insurance
The Diploma is gained by accruing points from both compulsory examinations and a choice of topics which can be found in full on the CII Website. In addition to being a valuable qualification in its own right, the Diploma can also be a milestone on the route to completion of the Advanced Diploma.
Upon completion CII members are entitled to use the designation ‘Dip CII’ (CII Continuing Professional Development requirements apply).
The Advanced Diploma is also gained by accruing points from examinations, both compulsory and elective. It provides an enhanced understanding of insurance practice, both in terms of technical subject matter and overall application skills. The Advanced Diploma is a comprehensive assessment of market knowledge and understanding. In becoming Advanced Diploma qualified you join the community of proven insurance professionals. It is evidence of your purpose, commitment and ability.
Upon completion CII members are entitled to use the designation ‘ACII’ (CII Continuing Professional Development requirements apply) and are eligible for Chartered status.
To find out more about the CII qualifications, enrol in a course, or book your examination, visit the CII website here.
Your local GII supports all qualifications with seminars and training held at regular intervals throughout the year here in Gibraltar.
See our Events page for more information on upcoming seminars and training, and to download presentations and information from those previously held.
If there is something you would like to know more about or you have an idea or suggestion for a seminar, training or revision course please contact us and we will do our best to cater to your needs.